Happy New Year babe.
We’ve started 2020 and this is YOUR year.
This is your year to finally step into who you are — and to START living the life you’re meant to be living.
To be yourself UNAPOLOGETICALLY, to walk into a room with BOLD CONFIDENCE, and to make decisions on your terms, WITHOUT GIVING AF.
You may have already set New Year’s goals, or made plans to vision board with girlfriends, but without a framework to follow, you may end up like 80% of people with failed goals by February.
Eek I know, but that’s the stats.
This is exactly why I shared my ‘5-Step Goal Setting Plan for Success’ in the CTV Morning News Segment that I did on Monday.
I had so much fun chatting with the morning team at CTV, about focussing on your values, what’s important to you, and what makes YOU happy — opposed to external factors, like society, your parents/partners/friends, or anyone else’s expectations of you.
To avoid failed goals, and to set yourself up for success in 2020, follow the 5-step process to align your intentions and manifest your dream life.
- Accept where you are. Before you can do anything, you must accept your current situation. Every single choice you’ve made has led you here, and you must trust that this is okay. You may not love where you are (for example, your job, relationships, health status, location, home etc.) but there’s absolutely nothing you can do to change your past. So breathe in, accept where you are, and now you can move forward.
2. Visualize where you want to be. You can’t move forward if you don’t know where you want to go. So be sure to get clear on what you want, before you make any drastic changes. Hint, this is more about who you want to be, opposed to what you want to do. Remember, you’re a human being not a human doing.
Try this! Picture yourself two years from now, living your best life (with no limitations). How do you greet the people you meet? Who are you with? What’s most important to you? What’s making you smile? Answering these questions will help you get a clear vision of the life you want.
3. Identify the gaps. What did you see in your vision that’s missing from your life today? It may help to break your life into the following segments, to ensure that you don’t miss anything: Career/Business, Romance/Significant Other, Health/Fitness, Personal Growth/Learning, Family/Friends. Doing this will show you the gaps between your current and ideal life, so you can draw a map to where you want go.
4. Declare what you want. Based on what’s missing from your life today, what will you choose to focus on? I suggest making three bold statements about what you want to create, followed by three actions that you’ll take to make your declarations a reality. For example, Declaration: “I will meet the man that I’ll marry next year” Action: “I will create a profile on a dating site,” or Declaration: “I will secure 3 dream clients in the next 2 months: Action: “I’ll spend 2 hours going to an industry networking event next Friday.”
5. Manifest your dreams into reality. After you’ve identified what needs to change, and you’ve taken action to make it happen, you can release and surrender and leave room for serendipity to happen. Imagine all the declarations you made have already happened and think about them as if you’re experiencing them now. Try using, “I am…” statements to solidify your belief in yourself. This is where trust comes in and knowing that you deserve a life you love. Keep your vibrations high and let go of any resistance – you’ll attract what you put out!
Now it’s your turn, give it a try.
Once you’ve done the 5 steps, I’d love to hear what your New Year goals are.
What’s one New Year 2020 goal you’ve set for yourself?
Leave a comment below and let me know.
If you know someone who could use some 2020 goal setting tips, share this post.
Thank you for being here and choosing to be you, with confidence.
With love and support,
P.S. LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW, tell me your 2020 goals and I’ll respond with my personal feedback and ideas. Can’t wait to hear your intentions!